Balancing your chakras
We have all been through a really harsh year and have been dealing with the unknown, fear and anxiety that was pushed at us from all directions. With this low-grade energy all around us it is not surprising to see how our chakras are out of alignment.
I though of a little exercise to help you get back to the optimal balancing and to help you ease through the rest of the year would be a good exercise.
See this list of the chakras and what they mean and then below that you will see an easy chakra balancing exercise.
Root chakra — base of the spine — red - I AM
- Location: Base of spine, in tailbone area
- What it controls: material world lessons
- Emotional issues: survival, self-esteem, social order, security, family
- Mantra: "I grow from a steady foundation."
- Colour: Red
- Element: Earth - walking barefoot in the sand, grass, or dirt can be beneficial. Any time spent in
- nature is helpful for this chakra
- Stone: Hematite
- When it develops: 2 years old
Sacral chakra — just below the navel — orange – I FEEL
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel
- What it controls: Emotional Connection
- Emotional issues: blame, guilt, money, sex, power, control, creativity, morality
- Mantra: "I always honour others but not before myself."
- Colour: Orange
- Element: Water - associated with water, which means swimming or spending time by bodies of water like
- lakes and oceans is beneficial.
- Stone: Tiger's Eye
- When it develops: 2-3 years old
Solar Plexus chakra — stomach area — yellow – I DO
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area
- What it controls: acceptance of your place (self-love)
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, and self-esteem
- Mantra: "Self-love starts when I accept all parts of myself."
- Colour: Yellow
- Element: Fire - so enjoy sitting around a fire or soak up bright sunlight.
- Stone: Amber
- When it develops: 4-5 years old
Heart chakra — centre of the chest — green – I LOVE
- Location: Centre of chest, just above the heart
- What it controls: emotional empowerment
- Emotional issues: Love, joy, and inner peace
- Mantra: "When I love myself, loving others comes easily.
- Colour: Green
- Element: Air - breathing deeply will help to clear the energy at this level. Drive with the windows
- open, fly a kite, walk in the wind or take a boat ride.
- Stone: Rose Quartz
- When it develops: 6-12 years old
Throat chakra — base of the throat — blue – I SPEAK
- Location: Throat
- What it controls: taking responsibility for one's own needs
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression, and truth
- Mantra:I speak my truth, always.
- Colour: Light Blue/Turquoise
- Element: Sound/Music - sitting in an open space under a clear sky listening to the sounds of nature or listen to music will get this energy flowing
- Stone: Aquamarine
- When it develops: 13-19 years old
Third Eye chakra — forehead, above between the eyes — indigo – I SEE
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra)
- What it controls: Intuition, imagination, and wisdom
- Emotional issues: fear of truth, discipline, judgment, evaluation, emotional intelligence,
- Mantra: "I am open to exploring what cannot be seen.
- Colour: Dark Blue/Purple
- Element: Light - To balance and open this chakra, sit in stillness in the sunlight or relax in a window as the sun pours in.
- Stone: Amethyst
Crown chakra — top of the head — violet I UNDERSTAND
- location: The very top of the head
- What it controls: discovery of the divine
- Emotional issues: lack of purpose, loss of meaning or identity, trust, selflessness
- Lesson: "I am a vessel for love and light.
- Colour: Violet/White
- Element: Divine Consciousness - connecting with your wholeness rather than a single element is the
- recommended practice. Spend time in meditation, chanting, or prayer.
- Stone: Clear quartz
TO BE ACCESS YOUR THIRD EYE AND CROWN CHAKRA THE FIRST FIVE NEED TO BE IN ALIGNMENT
CHAKRA BALANCING EXERCISE
For chakra balancing, that is easy, efficient and powerful, simply follow these steps, devoting at least 30 seconds to each one to facilitate chakras healing.
Go to a calm, quiet place. Sit for a few minutes in silence, breathing deeply. Let yourself feel the tension flowing out of your body and start to notice the range of sensations you feel.
A good chakra meditation involves all 7 chakras.
Begin at the tailbone, picturing a red light glowing and spinning at its centre. Feel it move in time with your breath. Sound: Lam
Shift focus to the place just underneath your navel, this time imagining a warm, orange lighting spinning and pulsing in time with the rhythm of your breath. Sound: Vam
Move to an inch or so above your navel. This is the place where you’ll often feel love, anxiety or excitement. Tune into an orange light spinning there. Sound: Ram
Attend to the very centre of your chest, imagining a vivid green light. If you feel an urge to place a palm flat on this area as you breathe, do so. Sound: Yum
Focus on the hollow of your throat, this time visualizing a blue light rotating and moving with the breath. Sound: Ham
Think about the space between your brows. This represents your third eye. See an indigo light here, getting more vivid as it spins. Sound: Sham
Finally, picture a purple light beaming out from the top of your head, connecting you to the energy of the universe around you. Sound: Om
If you feel that the light is not bright as it spins in your imagination, see what that chakra relates to and delve into it to see what is causing the block.
About the Author
Gabriella has been helping others find their true path and helping them delve into their situations and find peace, clarity and their correct path for over 25 years. She is blessed with the gift of being able to help you find clarity in your life. She uses tarot cards and angels to find the answers for you and I can also help with your visions and interpret them for you.